Company name： Grasshopper Asia
Established year：2006 (HQ in Singapore), 2018 (Vietnam)
No. of staff： 15 Staff (in Vietnam)
Grasshopper is an Asian proprietary trading firm and liquidity provider competing on the global stage. Our cutting edge in-house technology puts us at the forefront of developments in electronic trading. An over 20-year unbroken record of consistency and profitability is underpinned by firm values of honesty, integrity and teamwork that guide our future success.
What you can expect working at Grasshopper:
At Grasshopper, you will be working in a diverse and dynamic environment with a flat hierarchy. With more than 15 nationalities working in an open office, communication is essential to performance. To remain as the “small giant” of proprietary trading, we give employees a high level of autonomy and encourage them to get creative, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
Miss Ao Dai building, 21 Nguyen Trung Ngan street, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam
Data Scientist - 1 slot
We seek highly motivated data scientists to join our Performance Research team. We are especially interested in candidates who can demonstrate a strong aptitude for problem solving, critical and creative thinking. Performance Researchers draw on the fundamentals of computer science, data science and reverse engineering to identify novel ways to improve the competitiveness of our trading system, so a broad set of interests is ideal, along with a keen
intellect and a voracious appetite for learning.
The primary responsibility of the role involves developing hypotheses about how to improve our trading competitiveness, through statistical analysis, reverse engineering and modelling of the networks and trading systems in which we operate, working with terabytes of market and packet data. You’ll then build tooling and software to test these hypotheses in the live market, working closely with our cutting-edge low-latency FPGA developers.
Education level: Any
Language: Intermediate English (vì sẽ làm việc trực tiếp và chung với team bên Sing nên cần phải giao tiếp tốt tiếng Anh)
- We’re looking for creative, critical thinkers who enjoy taking systems apart to understand the “why”, and using programming or maths in their daily life to solve problems.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in either data science, and a demonstrated history of successful problem-solving.
- They should know at least one data analysis language, like Python or R, and one higher-performance language like C or C++, as the work will require custom data processing that’s not easy to do efficiently in a language like Python.
- The ideal candidate would also have a strong familiarity with low-level programming and the OS/network stack.
Interest in and knowledge of financial markets is a plus.
- 13th month salary & performance review
- Governmental insurances based on labour law (after probation)
- 100% of salary in the probation time (Included Personal income tax)
- 15 days of annual leave apart from national holidays by law
- Childcare leave:
+ 2 days of childcare leave a year (With the company for at least 3 continuous months)
+ 6 days of paid childcare leave per year, regardless of the number of children you have (With the company for at least 1 year).
+ Only be applicable for employees with children below 7 years old.
- Marriage Leave
- Maternity/Paternity leave: based on Labour law
- Off in lieu:
+ For working 4 hours or less on a weekend/non-trading day, you will be granted time off in lieu of 4 hours on a working day.
+ For working more than 4 hours on a weekend/non-trading day, you will be granted a full day off on a working day.
Innovation leave: staff allowed to take up to 20% of their work time to work on innovation or training. Innovation idea has to be posted on Innovation Board on Jira before taking of leave.
- Out-patient and hospitalisation health insurance package (applicable also to spouse and/or children where required)
- Annual dental care package
- Working equipment provided (laptop, extra monitor, etc)
- Motorcycle parking fee allowance
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work time arrangement where applicable
- Team building activities, happy-hour, etc.
- An employee will be granted a Referral Bonus of VND 10,000,000 for every referral who is hired and completes 12 months of employment.
- Opportunity to work with talented colleagues to improve your knowledge. Professional & English speaking working environment and more...
...Apply For This Job
...Apply For This Job