We launched dbdiagram.io as a side-project in late 2018 with no marketing budget (still no marketing budget now) and at the moment (Nov 2020) it has over 250K users with over 70K monthly active users (MAUs), with than 70% of them are developers.
Our second project, dbdocs.io, is a tool to help developers create database documentation site for their applications.
Seeing the potential of this, we spun off its DSL language into open-source language DBML (github) to define database schema. It has been picked up and adopted by organizations across the world since.
Our vision is to see DBML become the open-source industry standard for defining database schema for every web application. Imagine in every web application, there is a database.dbml to represent the database structure.
We’re looking for a junior/mid-level full-stack engineer who’s excited by this vision to join us on this ambitious project.
District 10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
You’ll be working on all aspects of our product and platform: from front-end visualizations, implementing scalable, data-heavy features, helping customers with their complex SQL, to managing our servers that processed thousands of heavy jobs everyday.
Design and implement our features from both backend logic to frontend interactions
Build back-end components that deal with data movement and logic.
Some Cool Things We’ve Done/You Might Do:
Build an in-house background job queue system using just PostgreSQL and Ruby
Design and build a generic data connector that works with all major databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery, etc)
Build an Excel-like Pivot Table interface for slicing and dicing of data
Build a cohort/retention analysis color-coding table (think Mixpanel/kissmetrics)
- Strong problem solving (most important)
- Experiences with Ruby on Rails/Ruby is a plus
- Have at least 1 year of experiences in Software - Development
- Some experiences with Rails, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLs, Vue.js, ES6
- Good English communication skill (reading and writing)
- Both senior and junior positions are welcome
What We Look For In You
- Problem Solving: You don’t just write code based on requirements, you debate the requirements with us.
- Coding: You write good code, you’ve written code that handle a lot of load, and you enjoy optimizing and refactoring your code to make it faster
- Culture & Mindset: You’re a team player; you understand how it’s like working for a startup – doing anything and everything needed (from writing blog posts, to help customers with their data problem)
- Tech Stack: we use Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, Vue.js, ES6 and a lot of SQLs. It’s great if you know these, but it’s not a big deal. We’re confident you’ll pick these up quickly on the job.
Basically you will not just implement features based on a task list. We need your original ideas, creativity and critical thinking skills to help us build a great data platform.
- 14 Annual leaves/year, 14 Sick leaves/year
- 13th month-salary; Performance review twice a year
- 24/7 Healthcare Insurance, Periodic Medical Checkup
- Shares (Stock Options) for high-contributing individuals
- Workstation provided for maximal productivity: Macbook (or Laptop), Leopold FC750R mechanical keyboard, Razer Abyssus V2 computer mouse, 24’ Ultrasharp Monitor
- Active and agile working environment; Flexible time culture; Weekly happy hours, fruits, snack...
- Weekly Technical Talks and TED talks to expand skills and knowledge, games and social sport activities with company; Company trip and company-organized events.
- An Opportunity to work with top-notch experts from around the world